Information for families seeking enrolment at Coogee Public School

An Application to Enrol form needs to be completed as the first stage in seeking enrolment at Coogee Public School.  Our NEW online enrolment process  makes it easier and faster to enrol your child at the school. 

To Enrol Online

You must be:

  • An Australian or New Zealand Citizen or a Permanent resident
  • Live in the Local Area of Coogee Public School

      Click Here to Apply for Enrolment Online

If you are not eligible to use the online form or prefer not to,  you can download  the application to enrol form below:




The application to enrol is standard in all NSW Government schools and does not guarantee acceptance into the school. Acceptance into the school is subject to meeting local resident criteria. All enrolment enquiries are handled only by the school Principal. Please contact the school to make an appointment with the Principal if you have unique circumstances you would like to discuss. Coogee Public School strictly monitors the address requirements as all enrolments must reside in the schools catchment (and intend on remaining in the school's catchment).

All students who reside within our local intake area will continue to be offered places at our school, however non-local enrolment applications can only be considered by schools that can accommodate new enrolments below their designated enrolment buffer. A buffer is calculated by our school to allow the enrolment of local students who arrive throughout the year.

100 - Point residential address check in some schools with a designated intake area

Coogee PS is above or near  ( i.e the number  of non - local enrolment applications received exceeds the number of enrolment places available outside the local enrolment buffer) our buffer level. We use the following 100 - point residential address check to verify that the student being presented for enrolment lives within the intake area.

Proof of address requirements at Coogee Public School.

To enrol in Coogee PS you must produce an original copy of
A : 1.1 Lease agreement through a registered real estate agent for a period of at least 6 months or rental board bond receipt OR 1.2: Rates Notice from Randwick Council OR 1.3 : Exchanged contract of sale with settlement to occur within the applicable school year 40 Points
B :2.1 Private rental agreement for a period of at least 6 months OR  2.2 Centrelink payment statement showing home address OR 2.3: Electoral roll statement 20 Points Each
C: 3.1 Electricity or gas bill showing the service address   3.2 Water bill showing the service address* 3.3 Telephone or internet bill showing the service address* 3.4 Drivers licence or government issued ID showing home address* 3.5 Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address 3.6 Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address 3.7 Statutory declaration stating the child's residential address, how long they have lived there, and any supporting information or documentation of this.  15 Points Each

All documents must be produced before your enrolment application will be accepted. Again, acceptance of the application is not an acceptance of enrolment.


Catchment Area

The Department of Education changed the school boundaries effective January 2016. To confirm that your address falls within the new school catchment area, please click on the link below 




Out of Area Applications

Coogee Public School is currently unable to accept any application for enrolment for students who reside outside the catchment area.

From Overseas Temporary Visa Holders

Student dependants of people travelling to Australia from overseas on business or study visas may be enrolled in a NSW government school provided that the school has the available classrooms to accommodate the enrolment.

You are advised to contact Coogee Public School -  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  - before making any plans as enrolment requests of less than six months may not be able to be accommodated. 

More information regarding fees and temporary visa enrolment procedures can be found at 

From Interstate

Students transferring from interstate should contact the school directly.

Remember that different states have a range of starting ages and in NSW a child must turn 5 before 31 July to enrol.


Kindergarten 2021 Transition Information

For information on what the school is doing for this and to access relevant information Click Here





P: (+612) 9315 7255
F: (+612) 9664 2161
Coogee Public School
Byron Street NSW Australia 2034
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Follow Me
facebook twitter
ALERT :Wash your hands, cover your cough and stay home if you’re sick. Get the latest COVID-19 advice. “Visit the NSW Department of Education for any emergency updates including school closures and notifications regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). To stay up to date on the Departments' official (COVID -19) announcements please click here     Click here